Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Immediately, there is no need to activate it. Simply follow the steps in the Reservationless MeetMe Reference Guide.
Simply tell your participants what time the meeting will start and give them the dial-in telephone number and the participant passcode.
All you need is a touch-tone phone, the dial-in number and passcode.
For the first two attempts, you will be asked to try your passcode again. After the 3rd attempt, you will hear a message stating that either the passcode is invalid or the Chairperson has locked the conference. You should either confirm your passcode and dial again or contact the conference chairperson for assistance. If you need additional assistance, please call the JPMC Conferencing Help Desk on toll free 888-433-0995 or globally on 617-786-4211.
Simply press * 0 to reach a conference coordinator, who will be happy to assist you.
Reservationless MeetMe settings can be changed online or via the Help desk. Options for both entry and exit of participant, include: no announcement, a tone, a generic announcement Someone has joined the call, or a personal announcement that gives the participant's name.
- Go to the MyMeeting Manager Portal at www.jpmcconferencing.com/mymeetingmanager/jpmc
- Click on My Account
- Under the My Conference Details section , select Change Standard Audio Settings
- Save your changes by clicking on Save Values
A Reservationless MeetMe dial-in number allows international participants to dial into the conference calls using a local dial-in number.
Local numbers are easier to dial and more cost-effective than using international numbers.
To view your complete list of Global Access Numbers, visit the Find Your Global Access Numbers page on our website.
Reservationless MeetMe is available from over 70 countries. To view your complete list of Global Access Numbers, visit the Find Your Global Access Numbers on our website.
* 6 Mute on/off - If you are in a noisy environment or on a mobile phone, you can mute your own line. Participants can mute their own line when not speaking. This will reduce background noise levels in the conference call.
Try not to use a speaker phone. If unavoidable, use the mute function stated above when not speaking and move away any projectors from the microphones.
* 0 Operator assistance - Use this function if you still find you have sound problems and a Conference Coordinator will help you to resolve any audio problems.
A local toll-free phone number is a toll-free number participants can use to dial-in.